LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
Creation of 3D assembly model of following machine elements using 3D Modelling software
- Introduction of 3D Modeling software
- Flange Coupling
- Plummer Block
- Screw Jack
- Lathe Tailstock
- Universal Joint
- Machine Vice
- Stuffing box
- Safety Valves
- Non-return valves
- Connecting rod
(Students may also be trained in manual drawing of some of the above components)
2. Manual Part programming.
Part Programming – CNC Machining Centre
- a) Linear Cutting. b) Circular cutting. c) Cutter Radius Compensation. d) Canned Cycle Operations.
Part Programming – CNC Turning Centre
- a) Straight, Taper and Radius Turning. b) Thread Cutting. c) Rough and Finish Turning Cycle. d) Drilling and Tapping Cycle.
- Computer Aided Part Programming
- CL Data and Post process generation using CAM packages.
- Application of CAPP in Machining and Turning Centre.
- Strainght, Taper, And Radius Turning
- Tread Cutting
LIST OF MAJOR EQUIPMENTS
Computer ServerComputer nodes or systems (High end CPU with atleast 1GB main memory) networked to the server. A3 size plotter Laser Printer CNC Lathe, CNC milling machine
Any High end integrated modeling and manufacturing CAD / CAM software licenses CAM Software for machining centre and turning centre (CNC Programming and tool path simulation for FANUC / Sinumeric and Heidenhain controller)15 licensesLicensed operating system Adequate Support for CAPP Adequate