Solar Energy of India – SES
The Solar Energy of India (SESI), is the Indian Section of the International Solar Energy Society (ISES). Its interests cover all aspects of renewable energy, including characteristics, effects and methods of use, and it provides a common ground to all those concerned with the nature and utilization of this renewable non-polluting resource.
The Society is interdisciplinary in nature, with most of the leading energy researchers and manufacturers of renewable energy systems and devices of the country as its members. High academic attainments are not a prerequisite for membership and any person engaged in research, development or utilization of renewable energy or in fields related to renewable energy and interested in the promotion of renewable energy utilization can become a member of the society.
The major activities of the Society are:
- Publication of SESI Journal, a bi-annual technical journal containing papers on renewable energy utilization, technical notes and other items of interest of those involved in renewable energy research and development.
- Publication of a monthly news letter, namely the SESI News Letter.
- Organization of one –day workshops on selected topics.
- Organization of the International Congress on Renewable Energy once in a year, where numerous scientific and technical papers are presented and discussed.
- Publication of the proceedings of the Annual Convention.