The Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers – ISHRAE
The Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ISHRAE) was established to promote the HVAC industry in India. ISHRAE is an associate of ASHRAE. ISHRAE was started at Delhi in 1981 and a chapter was started in Bangalore in 1989. Between 1989 & 1993, ISHRAE chapters were formed in all major cities in India and also in the Middle East.
The purpose of an ISHRAE student chapter is to get more students interested, concerned, and involved in pursuing a career in the field of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration.
The objectives of the chapter are,
- Advancement of the sciences of Heating, Refrigerating and Air conditioning Engineering and related Sciences.
- Continuing Education of interested persons in said sciences through lectures, demonstrations and publications.
- Rendition of Career Guidance and Financial Assistance to students of said Sciences.
- Encouragement of Scientific Research
- To impart Education in the fields of Air-Conditioning, Refrigeration and Allied Sciences by conducting Training Courses, Workshops, Seminars and to award Diplomas or Certificates.
- To establish facilities for Testing, Rating, Certification of Air-conditioning, Refrigeration, and allied equipment and Systems.
- To offer consultancy services in the areas of Education and Training in said sciences.
To disseminate and make available to the Government, Industry, and General Public information relating to said sciences through Papers, Reports and Periodic Publications.