Our Department has a PG course M.E -VLSI Design started in the year 2008 with an intake of 18.The Department has fully equipped state-of-the-art laboratories and highly qualified and dedicated faculty with international reputation. Our department organizes many technical events such as symposium, workshops, seminars and Conferences. Extensive laboratory facilities which include Advanced VLSI, Electronic Devices and Circuits lab, Optical and microwave lab, Network & Signal processing, Microprocessors and Integrated Circuits labs are available. We have got an AICTE sponsored laboratory under the scheme of MODROBS. We have also signed the MOU with Eduvance for Embedded laboratory.
- To groom up graduates into talented Engineers and researchers who can develop new technologies in the field of VLSI Design and verification.
- To develop graduates as technologists to shape the future of VLSI Industry with lifelong learning and applications.
- To provide an environment that encourages the graduates to excel in the field of VLSI design and verification with the best of their abilities.
- To develop graduates who can perform research and transfer results into technology and products to meet the changing needs of the society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To enrich students to excel in research leading to cutting edge technology in VLSI design and embedded systems and creating competent, innovative, and productive professionals in this field.
- To provide students with a solid foundation in digital and computer architecture principles leading to VLSI design.
- To understand the various applications and employ embedded systems to find solutions to them with good scientific and engineering knowledge so as to comprehend, analyze, design, and create novel products and solutions for the real life problems.
- To provide students with an academic environment aware of excellence, leadership, ethical conduct, positive attitude, societal responsibilities and the lifelong learning needed for a successful professional career.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial skills in starting industries applying embedded system technologies.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Apply the knowledge of computing, mathematics, science and electronic engineering for designing VLSI circuits.
- Identify, formulate, investigate and solve the issues related to the design of VLSI and embedded systems.
- Design and conduct experiments, perform analysis and interpret the problems of VLSI design and embedded systems.
- Graduates will have the skills to use modern engineering tools, softwares and equipments to analyze problems.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form & understand the impact of engineering solutions on the society and also be aware of contemporary issues.